Climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing the planet. What can businesses do to reduce their carbon footprint and operate more sustainably? This webinar will explore ways your business can save money through sustainability and work towards carbon reduction targets.
Chaired by Kate Swan, Commercial Development & Investment Project Officer from South Cambridgeshire District Council and with expert panellists from Bouygues, Cambridge Institute of Sustainability Leadership, Investors in the Environment and Peterborough Environment City Trust you will learn:
- How to become more energy efficient through investment in capital infrastructure
- Case studies from businesses that have identified ways to reduce their impact on the environment
- What schemes are available across the region to help access renewable energy sources and reduce your costs
- The environmental and social benefit of reducing their carbon footprint and becoming more sustainable
Useful links and contact details:
- South Cambridgeshire District Council – Business Cost saving and energy efficiency Contact: OpenForBusiness@scambs.gov.uk
- SME Grant Scheme Contact: 01733 882549, email@example.com
- Eastern New Energy Project
- Business Energy Efficiency Cambridge and Peterborough
- Investors in the Environment, 01733 882549, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Contact: email@example.com, Eithne George: Eithne.George@cisl.cam.ac.uk, Viola Jardon: Viola.Jardon@cisl.cam.ac.uk
- Cambridge Sustainable Food’s Pledge & Award Scheme for Businesses
Find out from Caroline Laurie, how one of the UK's biggest retailers switched entirely to sustainably-sourced wood and paper products and how B&Q continues to support innovations in forest management around the world.
We drink it, we bathe in it, cook and clean and have fun with it. But do we leave enough for nature too? And how can we use less?
This year is the year for NATURE! Let’s celebrate our passion for the natural world through small, or large actions – either together or as individuals and start a movement for nature. Take a look at the actions YOU can take, near you…